Founded in the twelfth century as a home for repentant sex workers, Saint-Antoine-des-Champs later featured a church dedicated to the anchorite Saint Antoine. Louis IX attended its dedication in 1233. When Louis acquired the relics of the passion, the abbey of Saint-Antoine-des-Champs had the honor of housing them for a night in 1239. Jeanne de France and Bonne de France were both buried at this site in 1360.
Present-day location: 184 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine